Welcome to our New Falcons!
It's Your Time!
It's Your Time!
Austin ISD is encouraging ALL AISD students to read 5 books this summer in their program,
The 5 Book Dive.
Visit their site for book suggestions in both English, y Español.
Okay... But where can I get books to read?
How to Access e-books on myOn.com
Go to myOn.com
Type in Fulmore Middle School
Username: Your ID number with the S
Austin Public Library
Summer Youth Programs
Visit the Austin Public Library this summer for teen programs, free wifi, free books, and friendly librarians!
How to Access e-books from MackinVia
Go to MackinVia.com
Username: Your ID number (no S)
Password: Your ID number (no S)
Annual 40 Book Challenge
I hereby challenge every Fulmore student and teacher to read 40 books in a school year.
There are many reasons.
1. It would be really cool to be able to tell people you had.
2. You get to live other people's lives when you read fiction.
3. You get to learn new things when you read non-fiction.
4. You will inadvertently learn lots of new words - yes, even the grown-ups do.
5. You will improve your writing skills just by reading.
6. And, it would be really cool to be able to tell people you read 40 books in one school year.
So, I will be updating my progress as we go on. We will discuss different ways to keep track of your progress. Don't lose your list it, since it will be your proof of your accomplishment!
I envision a celebration at the end, even if you don't get all the way to 40 books, because, seriously, that is a lot of books!